Appirio has been an excellent partner. We had 12 disparate digital landfills of information... we needed a single global repository. Social collaboration tools alone will not catalyze action. You have to act with purpose, Appirio helped us do that.
Kristen Sanders Director, Global Sales Operations & Sales Enablement at Yahoo!
Business Need: Build Enterprise Sales Collaboration Portal
- Improve Yahoo!'s ability to monetize its media destinations
- Single global repository to bring together a dozen different “digital landfills” of information
- Familiar user experience to catalyze usage and engagement
Appirio Solution: Visualforce Portal with Content and Chatter
- Sales portal with top content, featured content, alerts and messages, photo carousel, favorites, and links
- Using Content APIs, built a JQuery based Sales Home, Solution Central and Yahoo! Tools Home Page called “The Source”
- Integrated with Yahoo! Identity Provider System (Bouncer) to SSO into Salesforce.com using SAML assertion
Key Highlights: Everyone Wants Access to “The Source”
- Improved Sales Collaboration
- Agile, iterative, quick-moving approach to deploy Content and Chatter in 60 days, on tight budget
- Visionary approach to Content and Chatter as a collaboration platform that would integrate with Yahoo!'s sales process
- Interesting technical challenge to use images stored in Content to be displayed and changed every 15 seconds in the portal
- “The Source” has been so well received, it is now being expanded beyond its original 3,000+ users to a broader audience and will also include learning collaboration between coworkers