Introduction to Cloud Powered Business
What is a Cloud Powered Business?
Building a cloud powered business requires recognizing the ways that your business has been boxed in by the limitations of your old, on-premise technology—and breaking through those limitations. On-premise technology is expensive and difficult to change, so too often, IT is an inhibitor of business innovation instead of an enabler. A cloud-powered business is different: The public cloud enables your business to do more with less, and gives you the agility to adapt to rapid market shifts. Cloud technology makes information available to an increasingly mobile, social workforce. This is much more than just a technology change—making the most of this shift requires rethinking what's possible when your business runs on the cloud.
Where do I start?
You start the journey to becoming a cloud-powered business wherever there is a business need. Our customers have found that almost any part of their business can be cloud-powered. And as more and more of your business is powered by cloud applications and platforms such as Salesforce, Google, and Workday, you will find that the benefits to cloud adoption accelerate. For example:
- Cloud Powered Sales and Marketing The cloud allows you to put your customers at the center of your sales and marketing process, keeping prospects more engaged and your sales team more productive. Appirio has helped 100s of enterprises use Salesforce Sales Cloud and Chatter as the foundation for a cloud-powered sales team that work wherever your customers are, is as social as your sales team, and as flexible as your business needs to be to win new business.
- Cloud Powered Service and Support The cloud enables you to engage with customers wherever they are, not just through a call center. Appirio has helped more than 100 enterprises use Salesforce Service Cloud to effectively interact with the community around their products and services, resulting in more productive (and happier) customer service representatives serving customers.
- Cloud Powered IT The cloud frees enterprise IT to partner with the business as a change leader, innovation driver, and process enabler. But the cloud requires IT to work differently across the application development lifecycle—you need to plan differently, develop differently, and support differently. Appirio has helped deliver more that one thousand cloud projects for the leading enterprise customers of Salesforce, Google, and Workday.
- Cloud Powered HR and Finance The cloud allows HR and Finance functions to support rapidly changing business needs, delivering flexibility and scalability for significantly less cost. Appirio has helped dozens of companies move HR and Financial apps to the cloud, including a rapidly growing Workday practice.
- Cloud Powered Collaboration The cloud allows every employee to communicate and collaborate more productively, making social and mobile work patterns a reality for the enterprise. Appirio has moved nearly one million end users to a set of connected cloud apps, including many of the largest enterprise and educational deployments of Google Apps.