Information We Collect
Appirio collects “Personal Information” from you, defined as information that identifies you as an individual or from which you may be identified under applicable law. Personal Information includes any information you have actively or passively provided in connection with your use of the services, e.g. when you communicate with us. These include:
- Contact Information, such as name, email address, mailing address, or phone number.
- Business Information, such as company name, number of employees, and country location.
- Payment Information, such as your Contact Information, any tax information as required by applicable laws.
- Preference Information, such as product wish lists, order history, or marketing preferences.
We may also collect, from you, Personal Information about your contacts such as name and contact details of your referrals, under our referral program. When you provide us with Personal Information about your contacts, we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your Personal Information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may receive information about you from other sources, such as from social media platforms from whom we have obtained data, and combine this (marketing) data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us Personal Information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Appirio is a business to business IT services company that assists companies in adopting public cloud platforms. In the performance of our services, we may access or disclose to third party providers Personal Information that is held by your company. Please note that the Personal Information that is accessed or disclosed is dependent on the services requested and the types of Personal Information that you have on your public cloud platform.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We also share this information with third parties for this purpose. For more information on tracking cookies, see ‘Your Choices’ section below.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Respond to requests made while you visit our website and/or deliver the services or products you have requested.
- Operate and monitor the usage and performance of the website, including research and analysis (involving non-directly identifying) aggregate information about users to determine the marketing and advertising efforts of Appirio, its trusted affiliates, independent contractors, and business partners.
- For marketing purposes to inform you of other products or services available from Appirio, its partners, and affiliates.
- Provide maintenance, support, or customer service.
- Help diagnose problems with the website and to enhance the website for an optimal user experience.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements.
- Perform the IT services you requested.
Sharing Your Information
The Personal Information you provide to Appirio may be shared, consistent with applicable law, as follows:
- With affiliates, parent entities, and subsidiaries of Appirio.
- With business partners, alliance partners, or other third party business providers that co-sponsor services, work with, or on Appirio’s behalf. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with these companies, contact us at email@example.com.
- We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities or services. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. These services may include providing cloud computing infrastructure, payment processing, services in the nature of marketing, or payroll management.
- In certain situations, Appirio may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your Personal Information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If Appirio is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Information, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Information. We may also disclose your Personal Information to any other third party with your prior consent.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. Although there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, Appirio maintains generally accepted standards or reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect Personal Information. If we are required to contact you concerning the unauthorized access or acquisition of your Personal Information, we may do so by email, mail, or telephone, where permitted by law. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites
The website contains hyperlinks to non-Appirio sites that may be of interest to users. Appirio does not control or monitor the privacy, accuracy, quality, or integrity of those sites. You should check the privacy notice and policies of each website you visit. Links to third-party sites are provided solely for your convenience, and any use or submission of data to such sites shall be at your sole risk.
The website may offer you the ability to share your Personal Information through a social networking site (e.g., Facebook), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button). The use of such integrated tools enables you to share Personal Information about yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that you have established with such social networking site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information and Privacy Shield
Appirio may transfer your Personal Information to parties as described above that are located in various countries around the world. By using our website or providing any Personal Information to Appirio, where applicable law permits, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
The EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks were designed by the U.S. Department of Commerce, and the European Commission and Swiss Administration, respectively, to provide companies on both sides of the Atlantic with a mechanism to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States in support of transatlantic commerce.
Appirio participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. We are committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. [https://www.privacyshield.gov]
Appirio is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Appirio complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Appirio is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Please contact us below if you have any questions you believe to be within the scope of Privacy Shield and we will respond within 30 days. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S. based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website [https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint], you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Data Integrity, Purpose Limitation, and Retention of Personal Information
Appirio limits the use of Personal Information to ways that are compatible and relevant to the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected or subsequently authorized or for which consent was obtained. Appirio will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is reliable for its intended use and that the information is accurate, complete, and current.
Personal Information is retained as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. In addition, Personal Information is also retained in accordance with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements.
While Appirio takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect from you through the services is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current, we rely on you to update and correct your Personal Information. In event of any changes to your Personal Information, please contact us at the email address listed in the “Contact Us” section. Upon request Appirio will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Unless prohibited by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested.
In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your Personal Information, or may need to retain your Personal Information in order to continue providing a service.
You may sign-up to receive email or newsletter or other communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blogs, Forums, Chatrooms and Testimonials
If you use a bulletin board, blog, or chat room on this website, you should be aware that any Personal Information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. In addition, we post testimonials on our website which contain Personal Information such as the customer’s name. We do obtain the customer’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you want to remove your Personal Information that is being displayed on our website under public pages please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located in the EU, any privacy matter is not solved amicably between the user and Appirio, the user has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in relation to the processing of your Personal Information.
Privacy Notice to California Residents
Information We Collect, Use, and Disclose
Appirio is a business to business IT services company that assists companies adopt public cloud applications. In a business to business context, when using our services, we may collect personal information, which is defined in this Section as anything that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. We have collected and disclosed to service providers for a business purpose the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers – Such as your contact information, preferences and other information about your business.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) – Such as your name when you sign an agreement on your business’ behalf.
- Commercial information – Such as your contact information, preferences and other information about your business.
- Internet or other similar network activity – Such as your contact information, preferences, cookies and other similar technologies, and other information about your business.
- Geolocation data – Such as your IP address, cookies and other similar technologies, and your contact information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information – Such as business information relating to your preferences and other sales related information.
Please note that depending on what information is on our customer’s cloud platform and the services requested to be performed by our customer, any or all of the above categories may be accessed/collected by Appirio or accessed/disclosed to service providers.
Sale of Personal Information
Appirio has not sold (as defined under the CCPA) and, does not plan to sell, any personal information of any consumers (including any consumers under 16 years old) to any third parties in the preceding 12 months. We do not “sell” personal information under the traditional sense of the word. However, we use advertising cookies and share certain information with your consent.
California Shine the Light
Under California Civil Code sections California residents who have an established business relationship with Appirio are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If You are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the at the contact information listed below.
Global Locations and contact form here